For most people who develop a problem, it creeps up on them without them realizing.
Even if you don't have a big problem yet, here are some clues that may mean you are getting a problem.
- You feel like you don't have as much control over your use as you would like.
- Your drug use is affecting work or school.
- You are staying away from friends who don't use drugs.
- There are some issues with your family, friends or community because of your use.
- You are having to do things you wouldn't normally choose to do just so that you can use.
- You are getting injured or hurt because of your drug use.
- Drugs or grog are coming before other activities.
- Drinking and using drugs isn't fun.